Government support made available to residents of BwD via the Council or to the Council itself to help deal with Covid-19 is a huge £79.732m.
The figures were revealed in the Council’s Covid-19 Finance Report. The government support includes:
- £9.3m in grant funding to the Council
- £2.2m to provide Council Tax Relief to vulnerable residents
- £16.3m of Business Rates Relief
- £46.4m of Business Rate Grant support for small businesses
- £2.2m for the Council to support small businesses that did not qualify for Business Rate Grants
- £1.4m for Care Home Infection Control
- £0.016m to support housing rough sleepers
- £0.131m to support reopening the High Street safely
- £0.385m of emergency active travel funding
- £1.4m to support the new Test & Trace service
These figures are only for help provided via the Council and exclude other Government help and support, such as the furlough scheme.
In addition to that, the Government has also helped the Council with cashflow by providing:
- Upfront payment of the Business Rates Grant
- Deferring business rates payments from Councils to government
- Paying £850m of social care grants in advance.
Blackburn Conservatives thank our Government for the unprecedented help they have provided to the people of Blackburn during these difficult times.
|Covid-19 Finance Report||274.51 KB|